What is TwinN?
Twin N is a combination of freeze dried nitrogen fixing microbes that colonize the root zone and move throughout the plant. These nitrogen fixing microbes convert N2 from the air into a plant available N for the crop season.
Who uses TwinN?
- Conventional farmers wanting to reduce N use and increase profits
- Biological farmers wanting a reliable microbial N fixer and soil improver
- Organic farmers wanting improved N nutrition and better crop growth
- Temperate fruits – apples, stone fruits
- Wine and table grapes
- Intensive temperate and tropical pastures/forage/lucerne
- Broadacre/field crops – cereals, corn, cotton
- Tropical tree fruits, avocado, bananas, citrus, coffee, tea
- Macadamia, pecan, almonds
How does TwinN work?
TwinN improves crop performance by three main mechanisms
- Converts N2 from the air into a steady supply of plant available N through the entire crop season
- Produces larger, more efficient root system due to production of Plant Growth Factors (PGFs) gives improved capture of applied N fertilisers (= improved N use efficiency)
- Improved soil health and structure. Longer term use of TwinN lowers soil disease pressure and builds soil carbon. TwinN microbes assist in mobilising bound P
How is TwinN applied?
TwinN is applied to the roots where the microbes colonise, multiply and move all through the plant
Common application methods include:
- Drip, micro sprinklers or overhead irrigation systems – very convenient
- Trickle tape for vegetable crops
- Knifing into the root zone as for liquid fertilisers ‐ common in cotton and sugarcane
- Spraying onto moist soil under trees – use a streaming nozzle and apply easily down the rows
- Delivery by flood irrigation for farmers who are set up to deliver urea by that method
- Boomspray onto wet soil or pasture
Application must deliver the microbes into a moist root zone for them to thrive
TwinN is a unique product that reduces the amount of N fertiliser needed